Friday 28 December 2007

Boxing day in London

So, the busiest period of the year have come for retailers... and I have joined in.

Spent a few days in London and took part in the frenzy that is known as boxing day shopping. The venue? Oxford street. And what a busy day it was. Literally tons of people roaming about, shopping bags full in their hands, going from one store to another. Indeed SALE signs appeared everywhere. up to 50% in one and up to 70% in another (notice that in the stores, how tiny the "up to" words are and the apparent discounts are huge!).

All in all, it was alright. Didn't get anything interesting that day. Did check out the Apple store in Regent street. Quite big with 2 floors and very interesting design. They even had glass staircases.

Apple Store, Regent St.

I did discover something else which was interesting. A Beard Papa store has opened in oxford street!! To those who knows me, they would know that this is a big deal. Didn't waste time and got me a box of 5 pcs. They even have a new cookie version now. To those that haven't tried it, I would recommend it. Basically, they're cream puffs. The magic is the generous custard cream filling. Pure plululuouluouloluo!!

Beard Papa shop, Oxford St.

As a comparison, actually ran into a shop that sells Krispy Kremes. Been hearing so much on how good they were. My verdict? I can see why they say the donut "melts in your mouth" and it is nice. But given the choice, I think I'll take Beard Papa any day.

And I thought I'd put this for old times sake ;-)

Home of Capital FM, Leicester Sq.


To everyone, seasons greetings and many happy returns.

No comments: