Monday 14 April 2008

Post about buses (updated)

This is the normal standard bus in Manchester


This is the cheaper student-friendly Magic Bus
(dedicated to Mr Manon so that he can have a grin on his face - but we'll never know why)

Thought I'd post something about buses or specifically experience of a bus ride. Of course kalau di Brunei jarang jua naik bas ani but here, well let's just say it's part of the UK experience. Haha

Things that you experience on a bus ride:
  • When you get on a bus, you obviously tend to find the empty seats. Normally the seats would be enough for two tapi most people would tend to occupy the seat by himself/herself. Iatah kalau ada orang baru naik bas atu, sorang2 tah memasang muka 'ganas' or there's a certain "this is my seat, so bugger off!" look supaya orang baru naik atu will not sit next to them. This always amuses me. heheh
  • Kalau kan reach ur stop, you press the button and you have to make ur way to the front of the bus while the bus is moving. Iatah mahal tu kalau kelurusan duduk dibelakang. Time ramai orang lagi, mesti pandai control movement so that you reach the front of the bus safely and with dignity intact. Kalau bus driver yang suka membrake mengajut lagi. Haha. And even worse, kalau dari upper deck kan turun ke bawah, macam2 handle tah dipigang tu supaya nda lose cool kan turun tangga.
  • There's a new trend where u get these yobs (gangsta wannabe) with their fancy mobile phones. Duduk tah dorang dibelakang and would play their songs with the speaker on full volume. Kira unofficial soundtrack for the bus lah tu. Kalau lawa bisai jua lagu nya ani. Tapi most of the time.... u just wish that the batteries would run out. heheh
  • There's this one time where an old guy who's drunk was chatting up an innocent passenger. Hahah, the things that he said. Classics. Ada lagi wink with sound effect tu for good measure before he left.

So, what's ur funny bus stories?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kow a certain member of the Lunchgang who does his winking and makes this particular sound!

Not a funny bus story, but there was once in UK when some kids threw rocks at the bus I was in and broke the window on which I was leaning on (it was after school, so I was trying to catch some 40 winks). I was quite scared and went down to tell the driver who seemed not to notice the incident, while I was shaking like crazy.

Oh yeah, I 'ever' once did not get off my bus stop cos I wanted to know where this girl I fancied lived!

Also, it always happened when you were waiting for one bus and then 3 came along at the same time. I bet that still happens today?

Anonymous said...

Amusing post! Totally relatable hehe

What I used to hate about buses was when you were unlucky enough to sit next to someone who had really bad BO... and HO (rambut bau hapak!) hehe

Anonymous said...

Got 1 not-so-amusing bus experience...it was a cold freezing winter afternoon - decided to take a bus instead of the usual walk home from campus. Going into a corner bit too fast the bus skidded & if it's not for 'bandul' along the side walkway of a double-story office building - we would've made headlines in the local newspapers.
So next time before naik bas...jangan lupa berdoa.

Anonymous said...

BM, remind me again, who does the wink+sound? Heheh, everyone got their own stories I'm sure. Yeah definitely it still happens. U wait for a good 15 mins and then 3 buses comes along!

YY, thanks! Glad that ppl can relate to it. It's just funny how the bus is a vital mode of transportation here. BO, have definitely got my fair share. HO, glad to say I haven't. But hopefully never will! heheh

Prez, yeah definitely important to doa. Thanks for the reminder. Some bus drivers definitely think they're driving F1 cars!

Anonymous said...

One time, in band camp....
well, not really - it was the first year of uni, we had our first assignment and me and the team pulled an all niter. Rushed the next morning to hand in the project (via taxi), then once sorted, continued with classes. After class (around 5:30pm), I headed home by bus. Sat at the top as it was a good vantage point. Predictably I fell asleep (partly helped by the womb simulating rocking of the bus). Home was normally a 15min bus ride....I 'woke' up at 7:00pm...in Zone 6..."WTF?!"...an hour + later, I was home. Dang it.
A good follow up post would be on the taxi's in the area and their quirks. I am sure readers in KL would have a whole lot more to share...*shudder*...oohhhh...i so hate those KL taxis.
Btw, I think BM himself does the wink+sound....I think it goes like *wink* "ktt-ktt" *whilst doing the point a gun at you gesture*

Anonymous said...

kakarot, haha yeah, also dozed off once but in a train. Good thing that my stop was the last one so I was woken up by the cleaner! Post about taxis would be good too. The singapore episode "emangnya lobsterrr!!" comes to mind.